Thursday, February 27, 2014

Time does fly (It's true, the older you get, the faster it goes)

When someone close to you dies, you begin to look at life through the eyes they no longer have, or you find yourself doing things they loved to do because they no longer can. When I hear music that I know my Step Father, Bryan would have liked, I close my eyes and let it sink in, and I smile and shed a tear every time I hear a steal guitar solo.  I believe lessons present themselves everywhere, all around us, in daily life, in other people’s lives and in death, especially in death.
Losing a loved one prompts thinking, deep thinking.  I know I have been accused of this many times, but really this topic deserves it.  You go through several stages of grief before you start to challenge yourself to discover…is this normal, why do I have so many emotions, how do I deal?  What I have come to realize- Everyone loses someone, at some time.  The circle of life my friends, the circle of life.  Is it fair, hell no!  We never, ever have enough time with those we love.  We may not know it when we are in the trenches of life, but we sure do come to understand it when we are in the depths of death.
This post is a tribute to my dad, my father, my friend.  Although he was not my birth father, he was my LIFE father.   In our short time together he taught me unconditional love, the value of friendship, the love of music, I mean authentic heart felt music, the satisfaction of doing things that make YOU happy- do what you like, the peacefulness of intellectual /debating conversation, the love of heritage, the understanding that every action has a reaction.  The knowledge that life is short, be adventurous, go for it! Demand what is yours!  Love God, and just plain~ be nice, unless someone tries to invade your rights as an American Citizen, hence the 2nd Amendment.
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or ever touched.  They must be felt with the heart.”
Love- just plain love.  It ends one day people.  "Give it away, give it away now, "while you still can :)


The 70's show. How did they miss us?  Perplexed!
Always been a fashion queen ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment