Monday, February 3, 2014

Lordy, Lordy my best friend is 40+1

25 years- really, how in the world did this happen?  The last time I focused I was 16, tanning on Hungry Mother Beach with my girls- checking out the lifeguards, (who were checking us out too, might I add, I mean they are the ones that provided us with the string tags with the metal clips) and planning our summer fun evening event.  This time of year we were attending basketball games and having sledding parties on "the hill".  I'm not saying that we haven't had our share of "cat" fights, but our appreciation of each other has remained constant and here we are... many years later.  We live 8 hours apart, talk when we are hiding in our bathrooms, visit- not often enough, and the fact that we can pick up wherever we have left off is just reassuring and stress free.
There is much to be said for relationships that are effortless.  High School, college, marriage, careers, mothering, losing, loving, hating, growing, letting loose, getting mad, death, growing old, wrinkle cream and smoothies all make us  BEST FRIENDS.
Happy, happy birthday Jules Vern!  You are sooooo much older than me :)!
Remember the pale pink lipstick?

25 years later...

No comments:

Post a Comment