Saturday, January 4, 2014

A meeting of the minds

 
A meeting of the minds

Some days you feel like the cat and others like the dog.  Or you could say "sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"  I've been thinking today about relationships and today I feel like Annie, my dog.  She's saying "Really, do I have to?"  My hardest conversations are the ones with the people I hold the dearest.  When I really need to talk about something uncomfortable, or a subject that always is touchy I just want to crawl under the covers.  But, that's what big girl panties are for, right?  So, onward I go, into the mud and muck of difficult conversations.  That was my afternoon.  Fortunately, the outcome was good and perhaps we won't have to beat that horse again.

In this situation I am always in the middle: the wife and the daughter.  It is like the eternal tug of war.  Now please understand, both parties are wonderful, but there are those issues where I feel like I should be cut down the middle.  Anyone else feeling the pull?  Maybe if they just pulled from top to bottom I could be a little taller!
Wine anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment