Sunday, January 26, 2014

There's Nothing Like a True 80's Girl

Yes I admit every bit of it.  I love the 80's.  People now make fun but I still believe it was the best decade to be a teenager!  Big hair, bright colors, lots of eye shadow, what could be better?  I had friends that dressed like Madonna, Boy George, the Thompson Twins and Prince, ( friends you know who you are)!  Do you remember how to get bangs so high and stiff?  The cans of hairspray consumed must have made a huge dent in the ozone.  My mother wouldn't let me spray hairspray in our bathroom because it spotted her wallpaper!
And oh the phases, I went through the new wave stage, punk stage and the "please I really am Belinda Carlisle, really!"


Here area my Ten:
1.  Wake Me Up Before you Go-Go! Wham! - oh George Michael!
2.  Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper - my first concert ever!
3.  Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
4.  Freeze Frame - J. Geils Band
5.  Melt With You - Modern English
6.  Hold Me Now - The Thompson Twins
7.  We Got the Beat - The Go-Go's
8.  Girl You Know its True - Milli Vanili
9.  Don't Go Back to Rockville - REM
10. If Love Somebody Set Them Free - Sting


11. Do They Know it's Christmastime? - Band Aid

3 comments:

  1. Jen, I always knew you were awesome, but this just confirms it. The 80s rocked as a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex you just made my day! Thanks so much! Watch out for that snow!

      Delete
  2. This is the best list ever! The 80's were awesome and so were we! I could tell a story to go along with each song :) Milli Vanili- what a travesty, I think I need someone to Hold me Now, just thinking of my disappointment...

    ReplyDelete