Monday, January 27, 2014

Starship Enterprise

My 20's and 30's were spent on the Starship Enterprise, traveling at warp speed. College, jobs, growing family and almost no time to breathe, except when doing lamaze...with time moving like a speeding bullet I do recall many songs and musicians that could sum up life at certain moments, made me cry and of course gave me and my girlfriends a chance to belt out to the world that "You Oughta Know." (shout out to Alanis Morissette)  So I am now going to sssslllllooooww it down~ instead of providing a list, I am going to choose one or two songs a post to focus on.





When You Say Nothing at All- Our first dance...this was "our song."  I don't even think we even had a conversation about the song we would dance to. This was it.  We became fans of AK and TUS several years before.  I remember setting up a college friend with a local hs friend and heading over to the Rich Valley Fair to take in Alison and her band.  In the red jeep Wrangler with the top down, I knew before reaching the top of the mountain I would never, ever set up a blind date again. Match making + me = DISASTER!   I'm not sure, but I think a few beverages of choice made that curvy mountain trip a little more tolerable.  I recall meeting up with a group of friends and enjoying the evening, ending with talking to AK and my better half asking for her autograph- for some odd reason he chose the back of his hand.  I don't think he washed it for a week, but with fate and anti-bacterial soap, all good things fade with time.  Years later, when I had our 3rd child my nurse anesthestist (the one and only MG) made a cd that was played during my c-section.  One of the songs she put on it was "When You Say Nothing at All.'  It warms my 40 year old heart to know that I have been surrounded with people that know my soul, my past, and my passions, without me having to say "nothing at all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment