Sunday, January 19, 2014

Time out...

First and foremost, I want to thank my sister in blogging for allowing me to take a time out from our walk down music memory lane to honor a dear, dear man who was referred to at his memorial service today, as one of the "last true southern gentlemen." ~ The Penningtons.  This evening we celebrated the life of one if the most kindest, loving, self sacrificing and loyal men I've had the honor to know and love. We will miss you Paw! Give Ruby and Dot a hug from us all.
June 3, 1995

Instead of using this space to discuss all the traits that made him one special man, I will use the many tributes that have been written and expressed to express just how loved he was.
Mr. Tudor was born in Smyth County, VA to the late Turner Park Tudor, Sr. & Lillian Thomas Tudor and was preceded in death by his wife Dorothy Buchanan Tudor and a sister Martha Tudor Robinson. Mr. Tudor attended the Marion College & North Carolina State University and was a member of the Royal Oak Presbyterian Church. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army having served in the Medical Air Evacuation Unit. He was a Life Member of the Francis Marion V.F.W. Post 4667 where he served as treasurer and served on the honor guard & firing squad. He was employed as the plant manager for the downtown Holston Harwood plant in Marion for over 35 years. He worked with the Red Kettle & Salvation Army.
Paw and his boys
Summer 2000


He was a wonderful man & I know you all will miss him so much!
                                                                     ~ Genie Sneed

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Turner Park Tudor, Jr. of Marion. Mr. Tudor passed away at his home on Friday at 95 years young. He is the grandfather of previous MFD Chiefs Jim May and Todd May, and great-grandfather of firefighter Matthew May. Mr. Tudor will be missed by all who met him.
~Marion Volunteer Fire Department, Marion Virginia

He and Dot helped me get through moving from Staunton here. I have so many wonderful memories of meals and times spent with them. :'-)
~ Sharon Buchanan

As most of you knew, I took care of my grandfather in the last few years of his life. Today, we lost the most sweetest, unselfish, wonderful man. I could go on, but those who knew him already know how he was. He wasn't just my grandfather, he was my hero who taught me so much in life. He will be so missed by us all. I love you Paw, you are forever in our heart.
~Robyn May Akers

Park was such a wonderful and compassionate man! He adored you and that was evident to anyone who knew you. You can never prepare yourself for when something like this happens but you and your mom have stood by him and advocated for him. You, Suzanne and all your family are in our hearts and we will keep you in our prayers! And I know that we hardly ever get to see each other but time and distance doesn't change how we feel! This family shares so many memories with you and your family, and we love you guys so much!! If there is anything at all that you need, please don't hesitate to ask. We are here for you!! Love you and we miss you. We will miss Park but we will remember him for the wonderful man and the legacy that he leaves.
~ DiAnna Bice

One of the finest men that lived in Smyth County, VA has gone home for his reward. I first met Mr. Tudor when I was 17 and started working at Holston Harwood with a worker's permit, auth by Supt of Schools, Leonard J Mauck. I worked with a lot of ladies much older than I. Some wanted to intimidate you, but this man did not allow it. My Supervisor Ruby tried to scare me, but I am hard-core Stamper, not much to be intimidated...Through the years, when I would meet Mr. Tudor , I always thanked him again for believing in me and telling me they all started young and worked their way up, too. R.I.P Mr. Tudor. Thank you for remaining my friend through the years.
~Sadie Stamper Greer

No comments:

Post a Comment