Thursday, January 16, 2014

Music Memories

Those of you that know my heart are well aware that I am a woman of words.  This is one of the reasons that I love, I mean LOVE music.  Rhythm and chords give you a vibe, and the lyrics well, they give you a story.  Without sounding too creepy...music is my muse.  My buddy blogger and I have decided to share some of the music that has helped us reach this milestone of our lives.  You young folks out there, I suggest you youtube some of these one hit wonders.  My girlfriends and I would joke during our teenage years that our dream would be to wake up with Robert Plant singing and playing the guitar at the end of our bed.  Hell, now I am thrilled if my kids let me play some Zeppelin on my ipod.  Man, oh, man, how times have changed.  Hope you enjoy!  Just watch this- two of my favorites from different decades of my life.

Robert Plant and Alison
My Teenage Years
(In no particular order)
Some songs I will elaborate on, others don't deserve my time ;), maybe they do, but I am not going there

  1. What I Am- Edie Brickell ~ Moss Pit, enough said
  2. I Remember You-Skid Row
  3. Once Bitten, Twice Shy- Great White~ Hello Jack, meet Kristy... and her hamburger from Hardees and her black sweater... just let me say, I have never EVER had a date with Jack again...honestly I have not seen Jack in 25 years.  You try to make nice with a "bad" boy, it doesn't work out, you don't go there again! Listen up young girls!!!
  4. Love Shack- B52's ~ can you say "field parties"
  5. Angel- Aerosmith~ spray paint involved, that is the only fact I can give up
  6. Lil' Devil- The Cult~ just waking up and hearing this cd play over and over again, lol
  7. Karma Chameleon- Boy George~ cruising K-mart
  8. Pour Some Sugar on Me- Def Leppard~ my first ROCK concert, via and thanks to the Williams' family
  9. The Promise- When in Rome
  10. New Sensation- INXS
Honorable Mentions*
* Fire Women- The Cult~ my cb call, long before the cell phone youngins
* Just Like Heaven- The Cure~ I had a Cure t-shirt that ROCKED!
* Twist of Cain- Danziz ~ our good girls gone bad days (really it was just a week)
* Back Where You Belong~ 38 Special
* Your Love- The Outfield~ I have loved the beach for a long, long time

I hope you all enjoy as much as I did reminiscing.

No comments:

Post a Comment