Monday, January 20, 2014

Music Magic Time Machine

Here is a list that spans time from 1973-1985

My childhood list of influential music- please, please don't judge

This is me and my best friend, April at this time.  We would sing this song in the car and her dad would call us Juice and Fig Newton.
  • Angel of the Morning~ Juice Newton, My very first 45, purchased at the Record Bar.  Oh, how I wish something this simple would still make me feel like I was queen of the world :)
  • Ocean Front Property ~ George Straight
  • Islands in the Stream~ Kenny & Dolly
  • Afternoon Delight~ Starland Local Band- this was my first LP, and I thought I was something, thank goodness I did not know what this song was REALLY talking about!
  • 9-5 ~ Dolly Parton
  • Young Turks~ Rod Stewart
  • Hurt So Good~ John Cougar
  • Abracadabra~ Steve Miller Band, yep had this 45 too :)
  • Hard to Say I'm Sorry~ Chicago
  • The entire Michael Jackson Cassette Tape (my first one of these)~ Beat it, Billy Jean, Thriller
  • Eye of the Tiger~ Survivor, I know, I know kiddos, it was ours first.
  • Stand Back~ Stevie Nicks and a pair of roller skates, Friday night, and the world was my oyster!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment