Friday, January 3, 2014

In all seriousness

I know, I know, we really want this blog to be about the laughs and ha ha's of 40ish, but I could not stop the sentimental side of me coming out in today's post.  This evening I will share in the memorial of a dear friends' mother, whom was a mother to many of us all during our wonder years. When my first was born, we spelled her middle name with an E in Ruthanne, because Anne without an E, is just not the same. This week I visited my friend and her family, reminiscing of our childhoods and our non responsible youth.  A plus about 40, you can share the stories that make you cringe at your boldness (ignorance) with your elders and not worry about being grounded, although you might still get the stink eye.  The negative being: loss is inevitable and an occurrence only becoming more frequent.  So, in the words of my friend John Mayer, "Say what you need to say."

No comments:

Post a Comment