Friday, January 3, 2014

So... healthy food vs. chicken nuggets

It's Friday and lunchtime and I'm faced with the eternal question, what should I have for lunch?  Now, a good over 40 would choose a healthy lunch of vegetables, perhaps some brown rice, quinoa or another whole grain?  A moment of weakness sends your husband out in the snow covered roads to McDonalds for a small order of chicken nuggets, the ultimate in unhealthy, processed food.  I gave in.  Now the guilt sets in.  The golden rule of clean living, no fast food.  I met with the devil today.  Well, there's always supper.  There is quinoa in my pantry,  maybe some wheatberries too....  I need a do over. 

Being in this age bracket always brings with it a little trade off.  Say what you want, don't worry about what others think but omg you better eat healthy.  I promise I'll do better fellow readers!
McG

PS:  according to Lady Gaga, "Baby, I was born this way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment