Thursday, January 2, 2014

Welcome~ Top 10 things I have learned at 2 Score...

1.  You turn 40, you lose your filter.  Think it, usually = say it. This is not always a positive, but ahhhhhh, if doing it is wrong, I don't want to be right.

2.  In the words of OneRepublic:  "Old but I'm not that old, young, but I'm not that bold"  yep, deep, I know.


3.  I don’t have to worry about meeting “the right kind of people” or making “the right kind of friends.” I’m already surrounded by them.  I know within a few moments if  they are "our kind of people."


4.  I’m getting older by the minute, here, people, You choose to cut through the small talk to get to the point

5.  I don’t  worry about if people are watching and judging me all the time. (Wait, did someone just see me type that? What are they going to think? Maybe I shouldn’t have written that.) People judge, it's in their nature...

6.  I don’t feel the need to try to prove myself. I’ve spent the last twenty years doing that. It’s time to relax a little and enjoy what I’ve accomplished.

7.  This year has taught me about deaths bitter beauty.  People will leave you long before you are ready to say good-bye.  

8.  Wear sunscreen people...It's really not worth it.  All the tanning I did at Hungry Mother is showing up now as brown blotches and crows feet (ok, maybe the crows feet are a sign of happiness, all the laughs I've had on this road.)  My eyes still twinkle :)

9.  Vitamin D is my best friend. Sunshine, the beach, tropics, a boat, heck my backyard, just give me the sun!

10.  Dancing on the top of a bar with your best friends is one of the most liberating things a girl can do!




No comments:

Post a Comment